Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Masterworks Series: In the Park



Three Sisters

Three sisters guard my dreams:
Constance, Hope, and Grace.
For years their presence
Has been my peace and joy.

In waking or sleeping
At every crucial moment
They guide my heart
As I make my way forward.

Constance never forgets
The path that leads us home.
Like the morning star
Her beacon shines from within.

Hope looks forward.
Though she sees no ending,
She has given life to my steps
At every uncertain turn.

Grace inspires and moves with ease.
Like a soothing wind
She offers assurance
That all shall be well.

Three sisters guard my dreams:
Constance, Hope, and Grace.
Without their presence, 
How empty the world would be.

                                          ~ CK






_________________________________
Image: In the Park, at the National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.
Artist: Marie Laurencin (French, 1885 - 1956)
Date: 1924
Medium: Oil on canvas



< Previous Post                                                                                                                             Next Post >

-

No comments:

Post a Comment