Monday, December 7, 2015

Monday Music: Galician Carol

The Galician Carol is a new discovery for me this year as I explore Celtic carols. This is instrumental, but there are lyrics. The song originates from the Galicia region of Spain. We often think of Celtic culture in association with Ireland, but the Celtic people actually inhabited regions on the continent, including Italy, Spain, France, Germany and Austria.. You may scroll down to read the English lyrics.



We’ll Speak Very Softly (Galician Carol)

We'll speak very softly, and lower our voices,
Before the sweet saviour, in whom heaven rejoices.

O, my beloved, could I but hold thee,
how great my joy, how great my joy,
how great thy blessing falling upon me!

My belov-ed, my heart's one delight,
my dear baby Jesus, how are you?

From the cold I see you shivering,  and it grieves me through and through:
From the cold I see you shivering, and it grieves me through and through

-

No comments:

Post a Comment