Friday, May 21, 2021

"Come gather 'round, people" An Unusual Dylan Duet

This month I'm featuring some Dylan duets to celebrate Bob Dylan's 80th birthday month. This one is unusual in that an audience member was able to walk up on stage in The Netherlands and join Bob in singing "The Times They Are a-Changin'." 

 

The lady from the audience was Liz Souissi from Bern, Switzerland. From the YouTube notes: 

"...All the time there are big cheers and lots of applause from the crowd. When the song is over, she starts to walk off stage, but then returns, giving Bob a big hug and kiss. This was front-page news in the local newspaper: 'A Kiss for Swiss Liz'. Her comments: 'This is what I always dreamed of. I almost didn't dare, but still I took a chance on it. Of course I expected to be taken away immediately. To me this is the most beautiful thing I ever experienced.' And it was beautiful for many people in the crowd. Bob even smiled when all this happened. "



 -

1 comment:

  1. WOW! It just now hit me that in 1964 a Jewish Robert Allen Zimmerman most certainly knew the words from the Bible's New Testament Book of Matthew. ' Love that he allowed Ms. Souissi to stay and sing with him. Just another changin Dylan, I guess. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete