Sunday, April 29, 2018

Charles Kinnaird Reads "Conscientious Objector," by Edna St. Vincent Millay


Celebrating the Spoken Word



Each year in Birmingham, the Birmingham Arts Journal, in collaboration with the Alabama School of Fine Arts, hosts a spoken word poetry event known as "My Favorite Poem." It is an opportunity for the community to gather to hear people from all walks of life reading their favorite poem. In 2016, it was my privilege to participate in the My Favorite Poem event. I read "Conscientious Objector," by Edna St. Vincent Millay. The video of the readings has been posted on the Birmingham Arts Journal website.  You can see the entire event here.

              In the the video below, you can hear my presentation of "Conscientious Objector,"                    introduced by Jim Reed, editor of the Birmingham Arts Journal.   





-


1 comment:

  1. In all my years, I have never come across this poem. Thank you for leading me to it.

    ReplyDelete