Tuesday, October 10, 2017

The Stairway to Nowhere

Banner from Taylor Field's blog site

My friend Taylor Field, author of several books including Mercy Streets: Seeing Grace on the Streets of New York and Upside Down Devotion, is director of Graffiti Ministries on New York City’s Lower East Side. Graffiti offers a variety of services, both physical and spiritual, to many of the marginalized people in the city. They "invite the uninvited and serve the underserved." 

Taylor has a new project in progress on his blog The Stairway to Nowhere. He has been posting an original poem each day since October 1st. I don’t know how long his daily poems will continue, but they are well worth checking out. Here are two of my favorites of his so far:

Origins

I get it.
Natural selection
algorithms with time
incidental connection

Still
when I hear thunder
I don’t see why
I wonder.


                  *   *   *

Age

Now you are so positive
that what you say is true
now you are so confident
that here’s the thing to do.

There’s a hint of preachiness
you think your thoughts are pure
I liked you better certainly
the times you weren’t so sure.

Each day’s post has a photo to go with the poem to highlight the effect. I think you will find it visually evocative, spiritually nourishing, and intellectually stimulating.

So hop on over to Taylor Field’s blog at https://thestairwaytonowhere.wordpress.com.
It’s a coffee and freedom blog! Who can’t get on board with that kind of endeavor?



-

No comments:

Post a Comment