Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Friends Writing Good Books: Rick Watson


Life Changes: Enjoy the Ride

Rick Watson
(Photo from author's website)
I met Rick Watson a few years back at the Alabama Writer's Conclave. I found out that he was a blogger, which interested me because I had just begun my Not Dark Yet blog about six months before. Rick's wife Jilda also blogs, so we all got more acquainted, following each other's blogs. I soon found out that Rick grew up in West Jefferson where my wife grew up, and that he has a home spun manner about the stories he tells. He writes a weekly column for The Daily Mountain Eagle in Jasper, Alabama and has had articles featured in other newspapers in the region, including 280 Living, The Tannehill Trader, and 78 Magazine. Rick also does freelance writing for Village Living in Mountain Brook, The Hoover Sun, and The Homewood Star.


Life Changes: Just Breathe, is a collection of some of his best columns, and it is actually his third collection of essays. When Life Changes was about to hit the press, Rick asked me to read it and write a brief review for the back cover. Here is what I wrote as it appears on the back cover:

One of the best things about this delightful collection of essays is that Rick Watson shows us the value of an examined life. My guess is that you will relate immediately to the brief episodes that Rick shares in Life Changes. It doesn’t take long to read one, and then you’re hooked on reading the next. He may be driving down the road, sitting in the kitchen, or sitting on an old five-gallon paint can by the barn. Wherever he goes, he takes the time to reflect on life. Thankfully, he has shared those reflections with us. You’ll find something for every season of the year and every season of life in these pages. ~ Charles Kinnaird 

Rick has a page at Amazon which features all of his books at http://www.amazon.com/Rick-Watson/e/B001KDX1DE/ref=dp_byline_cont_book_1

If you would like an autographed copy, he will gladly accommodate you if you go to his personal blog site, Life 101 at http://www.rickwatson-writer.com/p/books.html                                                                                                                                                       ~ 

< Previous Post                                                                                                                              Next Post >
-

5 comments:

  1. I am flattered Charles. Thank you so much for including me in your series.
    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  2. /My wife and I also enjoy Rick's writing. He tickles me with his graphic descriptions, 'folks scatter like marbles on a hardwood floor,' type things. Looking at 'Not Dark Yet' is a good visit also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came here at Rick's suggestion. He writes about everyday happenings and makes them interesting. Now I intend to look through your previous blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy that Rick sent you this way, Emma. I hope you enjoy the visit.

      Delete