Friday, January 7, 2011

Mapping America

The New York Times has taken Census Bureau data from from 2005 to 2009 and created a nice series of maps. You can zoom in to browse by state, county, and even Census district. I looked up my own neighborhood district and viewed different maps showing average income level and education, then did the same thing for the town where I grew up. I must say I was a bit surprised.

You can type in your zip code or address and find out the general trend of the population where you live. Different maps plot our different topics which include Race and Ethnicity, Income, Housing and Families, and Education. You can find an amazing amount of demographic information right at your fingertips. To view the map for yourself, just go to http://projects.nytimes.com/census/2010/explorer .

No comments:

Post a Comment