Monday, February 13, 2023

Monday Music: Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)

Burt Bacharach died last week at the age of 94. Growing up and coming of age, we boomers heard his music everywhere we turned: "Close To You" sung by The Carpenters, "Walk On By," sung by Dionne Warwick, and "I'll Never Fall in Love Again," sung by just about everybody. There was "The Look of Love" (Dusty Springfield), "Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head" (B.J. Thomas), and "Magic Moments" (Perry Como -- we heard that one on TV commercials). 

The prolific songwriter collaborated with Carole Bayer Sager and Christopher Cross on the theme for the movie Arthur. He picked up one of many awards for that one. I could do a year's worth of Monday Music posts just on Burt Bacharach's music, but I'll settle with "Arthur's Theme" for today because of the great delight I took in the song and the movie back in the day.


 


-

1 comment: