Monday, July 8, 2019

Monday Music.: Faith of the Heart (Star Trek Enterprise Theme)

July 20 marks the 50th anniversary of the first manned lunar landing by Apollo 11. During the month, I'll be posting some of my previous writings that celebrate our space exploration, including a few "poems from space."

When Star Trek Enterprise aired, they used a popular song as the theme (which some die-hard Trek fans objected to). I loved the theme, but I especially liked the visuals which created a continuity between the actual history of exploration and the fantasy of what space exploration could look like in the future. Star Trek creator, Gene Roddenberry, definitely pinned his hope upon the better angels of our nature.



This version is sung by vocal artist Russell Watson. You can hear Rod Stewart's version here: https://youtu.be/t1sYjDc8i4I (It was used on the soundtrack for the movie, Patch Adams).


-

No comments:

Post a Comment