Saturday, September 29, 2018

A Zen Priest Dreams of Angels | James Ford

September 29 is Michaelmas Day. As one who has been somewhat agnostic about angels yet open to the mysteries of the spiritual realm, I found this to be a beautiful meditation by James Ford for this Feast Day for St. Michael and all Angels. ~ CK

"...All that said, and wherever they come from, the idea of spiritual beings that muck about between heaven and earth, whispering warnings, making announcements, and occasionally directly intervening, certainly has its appeals. And, I suggest, realities.

And so on this festival day I find myself thinking of what those mediators between heaven and earth might be for me.

I have found in my life that we live and breathe and take our being within the meeting of two worlds. The problem is the two are not actually two. Nor, are they precisely one. So, when we open our hearts to the realities we find our vision complicated, mysteries emerge, the divine erupts into the ordinary."

Read more at  A Zen Priest Dreams of Angels | James Ford



-

2 comments:

  1. Charlie: visited your blog today. Very good in so many ways. Learning of your journey was fascinating--much of it close to mine. I look forward to keeping up. Best regards, Carter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Carter, and thank you for your comments. I enjoyed meeting you at the AWC.

    ReplyDelete