Monday, August 27, 2012

Monday Music: You Can Call Me Al

This has been for me the summer of Rhymin' Simon. First I discovered his latest album, So Beautiful or So What, then I bought the 25th anniversary release of his Graceland CD. That package included a DVD of the documentary film, Under African Skies, about the making of the Graceland  album and Simon's return to South Africa for a 25th anniversary reunion with the musicians involved. I enjoyed viewing the documentary and hearing from many different voices about the impact of Graceland and it's controversy during those tense times.

Included on the DVD were some music videos, including this one I found on You Tube. I think it is great fun to watch, the way Chevy Chase takes over the song and Paul Simon proceeds with that deadpan dejected look.

1 comment:

  1. Graceland is one of my favorite albums of all time. I hadn't seen this video in a while, and I can't believe how young they look in it.

    ReplyDelete