Monday, July 23, 2012

Monday Music - Love is Eternal Sacred Light

Music is important to me and from time to time I will post a song on this blog site. Today I'm launching a new feature called "Monday Music" which will feature a musical selection each Monday.

Today's feature is from Paul Simon's latest album, So Beautiful or So What. The album came out in 2011, but I only discovered it this Spring. Elvis Costello says that this may be Simon's best album ever, and I am inclined to agree. I am especially impressed that though he was 69 when the album was recorded, Paul Simon's voice is as clear and strong as ever. There is not a weak track in the mix. So Beautiful or So What has the quality of a "best of" album, but every song is new and fresh. Listening to this CD you'll find meaningful lyrics, memorable music and beautiful guitar instrumentation. One of the quieter songs on the CD is one that I want to learn to play myself, "Questions for the Angels."

For our Monday Music, sit back and enjoy "Love is Eternal Sacred Light."

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy listening to Paul Simon, but I haven't heard of this song before. It's nice, has a lil rock feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Lena. I think I'll have fun sharing Monday Music on my blog.

    ReplyDelete