Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Many Reasons for Roses

Today is my 26th wedding anniversary. Since our first anniversary, I have made it a tradition to buy my wife a rose for each year of marriage. The 12th and 24th anniversaries were the simplest years for purchasing roses that equaled the year, since roses are commonly sold by the dozen. This year, I went to Winn Dixie where I found a dozen large roses for $14.95 or a dozen miniature roses for $3.99. The problem was that there was only one set of mini roses, and no individual roses for sale. I then went down the road to Publix to see what they had to offer. They had a bouquet of red roses with spray for $14.99, and a dozen simple red roses for $9.99. They also had bouquets of single roses with greenery and baby's breath for $2.99 each.

My method for acquiring 26 roses was to purchase the dozen roses for $9.99 and two single rose bouquets for 2.99 each at Publix. I then went back to Winn Dixie to buy the dozen mini roses for $3.99. This way I was able to get 26 roses for around $20.00. I thought that was not bad since I could have paid $30.00 for two dozen roses, then I would have had to buy two single roses on top of that. I was proud of my rose dealing and explained to my daughter when I got home how I managed it. Her reply was, "They must have thought you had been pretty bad to be buying all those roses!"

Yes, roses can say love, they can say celebration, or they can say mea culpa!



*

No comments:

Post a Comment