Saturday, May 26, 2018

Dylan Covers: My Back Pages

This week I have been posting videos of other singers performing the music of Bob Dylan, in honor of his 77th birthday (May 24). I have only posted 16 covers out of the many hundreds that are out there.

Dylan said in Martin Scorsese's 2005 documentary, No Direction Home that "an artist has got to be careful never really to arrive at a place where he thinks he is at somewhere. You always have to realize that you are constantly in a state of becoming."

The following video is a one of my favorites. This rendition of "My Back Pages" is from Bob Dylan's 30th Anniversary Concert in 1992. It is a veritable Who's Who of musicians on hand to celebrate his music.

This week we celebrate the artist who is "constantly in a state of becoming."





-

2 comments:

  1. AND, I just happen to love the film: I'M NOT THERE, often panned by many. Cate Blanchett in particular, among several other actors, made for an as close we'll get to the many faces and incarnations of Robert Alan Zimmerman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that was a great film. You remind me that I wanted to try to get that one on DVD.

      Delete